EREP is a consultancy and engineering office specialising in waste management, renewable energy and the environment.
Since the company was founded in 1980, EREP has acquired specific expertise in the application of methanisation, a process used to convert organic waste (agricultural, industrial or urban) into biogas.
Biogas is a versatile, renewable gas composed mainly of methane. Instead of being released into the atmosphere, it can be converted into electricity and heat or after purification, injected into the natural gas grid or used for mobility (see www.roulebiogaz.ch).
Its expertise is recognised by SuisseEnergie, since for many years EREP has been providing promotion, consulting and training in the field of biomass energy recovery for the French-speaking part of Switzerland. Currently these activities are carried out by the Biomasse Suisse Association, whom EREP represents in the French-speaking part of Switzerland.
Services offered by EREP include, for example:
- Waste studies: inventories of deposits in a given territory, characterization campaigns, advice on waste collection
- State of the art: inventory of technologies, assistance in the choice of processes, sales potential for products (compost, digestate)
- Studies for biogas plants: technical and economic feasibility, assistance for implementation and operation (including administrative procedures)
- Studies of energy potential or market studies in these fields
- Environmental studies: Carbon Footprints®, environmental impact studies, environmental monitoring
- Safety and fire protection concepts
References are listed on the website: www.EREP.ch
The customers are mainly:
- Public authorities
- Companies in the energy or waste treatment sector
EREP became a member of ZeroWaste Switzerland to support waste prevention initiatives. Environmental issues have always been at the heart of the office’s activities. Efforts are made on a daily basis by employees (some of whom practice “Zero Waste”) to reduce waste production. As part of its projects, EREP advises companies and municipalities in this regard.