Making your own lip balm is actually easier than it seems! Just buy a few ingredients and trust their natural properties to say goodbye to dry lips, all at a low cost! Here’s a recipe for a moisturizing lip balm that’s completely homemade and quickly prepared!
- ½ tablespoon of almond oil (or other oil)
- 2 tablespoons of beeswax flakes
- 7 drops of vitamin E oil (grapefruit seed extract)
- 15 drops of lemon essential oil
- 15 drops of rosemary essential oil
1. Clean, sterilize your container(s).
2. Melt the oil and wax in a double boiler.
3. Remove from the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
4. Add the essential oils and the extract, stir the preparation with a spatula until it gets homogeneous.
5. Gently pour the liquid into the chosen container before it solidifies again!
6. Allow the mixture to cool for a while before using your lip balm.
The preparation can be kept for several months as long as the container is resealable!