Are you looking for an alternative to dairy products? Or would you like to reduce your environmental impact? Try to make a plant based milk! It’s easy to make and there are no limits to try different variations!
- 100 g of the raw material (oat/buckwheat flakes, hazelnuts/almonds, hemp/poppy/sunflower/sesame seeds, rice…)
- 1 l of water
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of syrup/sugar/honey/datte (optional for sweeter milk)
- Soak 1 hour (flakes) or 24 hours (almonds/hazelnuts) depending on the raw material. You can either cook the rice first or soak it overnight.
- Throw away the water from the soaking or water the plants with
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender for ca. 1 minute
- Strain the mixture through a fine strainer covered with a fine cloth fabric
Add vanilla, coffee or cocoa powder to give a new taste to your milk.
The remaining pulp (okara) can be dried and used as flour, or integrated in another recipe, like müesli, cake, pancakes, bread,…
If you want your milk to be a little thicker, do not filter it.