Having trouble finding natural dishwashing tablets? Try this do it yourself recipe! Those tablets can even be used for the toilet.
- 1 tablespoon
- Small silicone mould / egg container, basically a mould with small compartments
- 200 g of citric acid powder
- 200 g of sodium carbonate
- 200 g of salt
- 3 tablespoons of water
- Add the citric acid powder, sodium carbonate and salt to a bowl and mix well. Depending on the moisture content of the sodium carbonate, it may react with the citric acid, so don’t panic.
- Then add slowly and carefully the water and mix everything. After about 1 minute, the chemical reaction should be almost done.
- Pour the mixture into a mould of the desired tablet size and press with a spoon.
- Let it dry overnight.
These tablets can also be placed in the toilet bowl. It is recommended to leave them overnight and the next day clean the toilet with the toilet brush.
Alternative: Make the mixture without adding water and store in an airtight container.